CLEARWATER, FL — Anticipating an greater demand for air travel, St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intercontinental Airport has employed and experienced extra employees for the active Fourth of July weekend.
In this article are some tips for individuals who program to fly this weekend:
- Take into consideration acquiring a experience to PIE. The airport expects its very long-time period parking and economic system a lot to fill to ability and will be directing automobiles to park in an overflow whole lot when these are total.
- A complimentary shuttle will be supplied concerning the overall economy lots and the terminal. The Vital Lime Overall economy Great deal is the major financial state ton and the Strawberry PIE Lot will be obtainable as desired and accepts credit score and debit playing cards only when exiting. No right away parking is authorized in quick-phrase parking. For parking facts and maps, verify here.
- Energetic loading and unloading is permitted only at curbside in entrance of the terminal. A cost-free mobile cell phone ton is readily available to await your celebration when they are curbside with their baggage.
- The Florida Section of Transportation Gateway Specific Job is below construction on the roadways encompassing the airport. Allow journey time and check out updates in this article.
- Much more information, along with a terminal map, parking map and airline internet sites are situated on the PIE web-site.
- Plan to arrive two hrs before your scheduled flight departure time and test departure gate. PIE has two different gate parts, 2-6 and 7-11, that are not connected, so make confident you are at your proper gate 30 minutes before the flight is ready to board. Check out with the airline for carry-on baggage specifications and dimensions. For Transportation Protection Administration travel ideas, click in this article.
- Pack intelligent. Get started with empty baggage. Airline passengers who pack for journey with vacant bags are significantly less very likely to bring prohibited things as a result of a TSA checkpoint. Check out for prohibited items by making use of the “What Can I Provide?” site on the TSA web page.
- Know ahead of you go. Approach to get there at the airport in lots of time to test in, verify luggage and total safety screening in time to avoid tense sprints to the departure gate. At the TSA checkpoint, have a legitimate ID card readily out there and abide by the liquids rule of 3.4 ounces or considerably less, apart from for hand sanitizer, which has a non permanent 12-ounce limit in have-on baggage.
- Make contact with the TSA for assistance if there are questions or problems. Those people who are getting ready to vacation and may perhaps have unique conditions, factors or common questions about airport screening can get stay assistance by tweeting inquiries and remarks to @AskTSA or through Fb Messenger, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on weekends/holiday seasons from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. You can also phone the TSA Call Center at 866-289-9673.
- TSA also gives TSA Cares, a helpline for tourists with disabilities, professional medical ailments and other distinctive conditions. You might submit a request for assistance by calling TSA Cares at 855-787-2227, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., and on weekends/vacations from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. TSA Cares is open up 365 days a year. Travellers might also use the TSA Cares sort readily available on the TSA website.
- Enroll now in TSA PreCheck® to “Travel with Simplicity.” By enrolling in TSA PreCheck, airline travellers can avoid eliminating sneakers, belts, liquids, food, laptops and light jackets at the TSA checkpoint. Most new enrollees get their regarded traveler selection in 5 days, and membership lasts for 5 years. Nationally in April, 94 p.c of TSA PreCheck passengers waited less than 5 minutes at the checkpoint. At PIE, it’s 100 %.
- Deal with masks are optional but encouraged. The Centers for Disease Command and Prevention endorses deal with masks for travellers ages 2 and more mature in indoor regions of community transportation and transportation hubs as an efficient precaution for individuals who look for to keep away from exposure to COVID-19 in higher-threat community spaces. The CDC has health and fitness suggestions for domestic travel all through COVID-19 and worldwide vacation on its web page.