Washington, D.C. — Dwelling Power and Commerce Committee Chair Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) and Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations Chair Morgan Griffith (R-VA) despatched a letter to Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm regarding her use of taxpayer funded journey after she built 4 journeys to Puerto Rico in the past 5 months.
“The frequency and period of these visits raise fears pertaining to your interest to your other responsibilities, specifically in light of climbing vitality costs and intensifying threats to the United States’ energy independence. We fully grasp the great importance of stabilizing and modernizing Puerto Rico’s electrical grid but problem whether your repeated and extended presence is significant to these things to do.”
- In addition to two journeys to Puerto Rico in the slide of 2022, Secretary Granholm not long ago created two week-long excursions to Puerto Rico in February and March of this calendar year.
- In 2022, she traveled to France, Australia, Mexico, and Singapore in addition to several domestic visits.
- Moreover, she has seemingly prioritized visits to these global destinations in advance of eventually viewing Jap Washington’s Hanford nuclear reservation site—one of the most expensive and demanding cleanup sites in the Office of Energy’s Office of Environmental Administration complex.
Read through: “Granholm Gone Wild? Energy Sec Can take Fourth Excursion to Puerto Rico in 5 Months” by the Washington Absolutely free Beacon.
- “This trip will conveniently price the taxpayers tens of countless numbers of dollars among the progress teams, protection, aid workers, and much more,” said just one former DOE official to the Free of charge Beacon.
- “We are in the center of a domestic and worldwide electricity disaster, and underneath her view the American persons are having to pay the price for this administration’s unsuccessful power policies,” the previous formal included. “Except Granholm is there putting in the solar panels herself, there is no motive for her to be on the ground for that long.”
The Chairs have asked for the following facts by May 8, 2023, for all domestic and global formal vacation excursions from February 25, 2021, to the current:
- The names and occupation titles of all employees, like stability, help staff members, and advance groups, who accompanied Secretary Granholm on each and every excursion.
- Itineraries for the Secretary and all accompanying workers for each individual vacation.
- An itemized list of fees incurred in the course of the duration of the Secretary’s travels for herself and all accompanying workers, including transportation to and from her vacation spot.
- A list of formal actions and meetings undertaken for the duration of the Secretary’s travels and all accompanying meeting minutes.
Simply click Below to examine the letter.
Click on Below for info connected to the Department of Electrical power Inspector Typical Teri Donaldson’s latest testimony just before the committee.
Simply click Here to read through about the committee’s attempts to decreased strength expenses across the board for Us residents by passing H.R. 1, the Lessen Electrical power Expenditures Act.
White House Lifts Vaccination Mandate For International Travelers
United States Ends Vaccine Requirement For International Travel
How to Keep Data Safe