TerryJ / Getty Images
Airbnb has often been considered a standard living option when you are going on a vacation. However, with Airbnb Luxe, you can enjoy living in luxurious properties along with all the premium amenities. Airbnb Luxe has completely changed the scene of luxurious living and you must know everything about it before you book your next stay.
What Is Airbnb Luxe?
Airbnb Luxe features expertly designed properties and come with high-end amenities, services and dedicated trip designers–perfectly immaculate if you’ve got the wallet and taste for them. Every time you book a stay with Airbnb Luxe, you will be connected to a dedicated trip designer who will go out of their way to curate a five-star experience for you.
Because of its exclusivity, Airbnb Luxe properties are limited in number and cannot be found everywhere.
What Is the Difference Between Airbnb and Airbnb Luxe?
Regular Airbnb listings are not subject to inspections by Airbnb representatives. These properties are simply places to stay for your next vacation and provide certain standard amenities.
On the other hand, Airbnb Luxe is an experience where you get the benefit of customization and exclusive trip designers. Airbnb Luxe properties are also subject to inspections and a high level of quality requirements.
What Does the Airbnb Luxe Experience Comprise Of?
Airbnb Luxe was a result of Airbnb’s acquisition of Luxury Retreats in 2017. The properties that are listed under Airbnb Luxe adhere to elevated design standards on a variety of elements including premium materials, finishes and other unique features. If you are booking an Airbnb Luxe property, here is what you are signing up for.
1. Expertly Designed Properties
All Airbnb Luxe homes are designed by professionals and have exceptionally styled interiors. The properties usually make a strong statement of being luxurious.
2. Luxury Amenities
When you book a stay at Airbnb Luxe, you will have access to various kinds of luxury amenities. Some of these features can include a butler, private chef, private driver, childcare, housekeeping, sports equipment and a private pool.
3. Custom Itineraries
A dedicated trip designer will create customized itineraries for the guests to make sure that every detail is taken care of. You can ask your trip designer to make plans according to your convenience and preferences.
4. 300-Point Inspection
Airbnb has taken extra care in curating the properties that would be listed under Airbnb Luxe. That is why they have a 300-point inspection and vetting system that the properties have to undergo to be classified under this category. Airbnb Luxe properties are always in pristine condition and undergo continuous and meticulous maintenance.
5. Effortless Arrivals
If you have ever booked a stay at an Airbnb, you know that arrivals and check-in can be a bit of a hassle. Guests are often unsure about the process of check-in and there can be miscommunication between them and the hosts.
However, if you are booking an Airbnb Luxe property, you will be eligible for private airport pick-up and an in-person welcome making the arrival process extremely smooth.
6. Tailored Services
Customization is at the heart of the Airbnb Luxe experience. Guests get to enjoy a wide variety of tailored services that include personal chefs, massage therapists and other local professionals. You get to enjoy your vacation exactly the way you want.
Benefits of Booking an Airbnb Luxe Property
Airbnb Luxe properties give you all the premium feels when you are traveling. The customizations and exclusive features make it an attractive choice for many guests. Here are some of the major advantages of booking an Airbnb Luxe property for your next vacation.
While booking an Airbnb, guests are often anxious about the quality of the property. It is not uncommon for guests to find out that the listing description is not matching with the actual property or many of the amenities are missing.
If you are booking an Airbnb Luxe property, you will be relieved of these worries. All Airbnb Luxe properties have to undergo a 300-point inspection and vetting procedure which ensures the quality of these properties. You will always receive great service and the property will be in perfect condition.
Airbnb Luxe listings come with the unique advantage of customization. Depending on the location and type of property, you can request customizations for your stay. If you are someone who likes to do things their own way, Airbnb Luxe listings are your perfect choice. Standard Airbnb listings do not provide any customization benefits to their guests.
When you are booking an Airbnb Luxe property, you get the feel of staying in an exclusive property filled with unique and premium features. You will have a dedicated trip designer who will curate a special experience for you while you stay on the property.
The designer will take care of every little detail on your trip and look out for any special requests you make. They will be available continuously throughout your trip and you can reach out to them for anything you need.
How To Book an Airbnb Luxe Property
To book an Airbnb Luxe listing, follow these steps:
- Go to www.airbnb.com/luxury.
- At the top of the page, you will find a menu bar where you can enter the location and other details for your stay. You have to specify check-in and check-out dates, the number of adults and the number of children who will be staying on the property.
- After filling in the particulars, click on “Search” and Airbnb will take you to another page that shows a list of all the luxury properties in your selected area.
- From the given list of results, apply your specified filters to further narrow down your choices. For example, you can set the price range, type of place, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, property type, amenities required and other accessibility features. Make sure you check all the items that you want for your luxury stay to get the most relevant results.
- After specifying all the filters, click on “Show Homes” and check out the houses that cater to all your requirements.
- Once you have chosen the property to be booked, click on the property to have a detailed view of the listing. You can also opt for add-on services from your trip designer. Finally, click on “Reserve” to book your property.
What You Should Know Before Booking an Airbnb Luxe Property
Airbnb Luxe properties have premium features and customizations. However, since they are significantly more expensive in comparison to regular listings, these properties have more strict policies in place.
For example, most luxe properties have a minimum stay feature which means you might have to book for a minimum number of nights. Moreover, cancelation policies can also be more rigid which can make it difficult for you to get a refund if you need to cancel your booking.
That is why before you book an Airbnb Luxe property, make sure you go through all the house rules and policies to avoid any confusion later on.
What Are the Most Popular Airbnb Luxe Properties?
Airbnb has luxury properties listed across the United States and in many other countries as well. California has many Airbnb Luxe properties listed all over the state. Apart from that, here are a few popular areas around the globe where you can find Airbnb Luxe properties.
- Punta Mita: Over 100 stays
- Tuscany: Over 100 stays
- Hawaii: Over 35 stays
- Los Angeles: Over 100 stays
- Swiss Alps: Over 120 stays
- Costa Rica: Over 120 stays.
Airbnb Luxe is a great option if you want to have a personalized experience of luxury. In comparison to competitive platforms like VRBO, the luxury stays at Airbnb offer more premium services to their guests.
So, if you want to enjoy a premium stay with customized services during your next vacation, Airbnb Luxe is worth checking out.
Airbnb Luxe FAQ
Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Airbnb Luxe.
- How do I make a luxury Airbnb?
- Airbnb Luxe properties are those that comply with the 300-point inspection and vetting system set up by Airbnb. These properties are in pristine condition and offer customized services along with a personal trip designer for every guest. As a host, if you want to categorize your Airbnb listing as “Luxe,” then you have to ensure that your property adheres to these standards. You should invest in high-quality pictures and have a great listing description. Be sure to check out the requirements for enlisting yourself as a Luxe property host before you proceed with the listing.
- What does the Blue Diamond mean on Airbnb?
- Blue Diamond is a top-rated Airbnb location in Nevada. You can book your stay at Blue Diamond properties by logging in to the Airbnb website or app.
- What is the difference between Airbnb Plus and Airbnb Luxe?
- Both Airbnb Plus and Airbnb Luxe properties are subject to inspections by Airbnb representatives. When you book an Airbnb Plus property, you get the feel of being in a home all by yourself because of the exclusivity. Airbnb Luxe properties provide a luxurious experience that comes with premium amenities and customizations from a dedicated trip designer.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.